Saturday, March 7, 2009

Indian Government try to take credit on Gandhi memorabilia

Indian business taycoon Vijay Mallya said that the Indian government has nothing to do with the bidding for Mahatma Gandhi's memorabilia and he bid on his own. "I bid independently. I wanted to get back the items to the country. I am not sure if anyone was aware that I was bidding," Mallya said.

Union Cultural Minister Ambika Soni claimed that the Indian government was in constant touch with Vijay Mallya throughout the auction. Mallaya, however, refused the government's claim, and said he acted on his own to get back Gandhi's belongings.

Mallya bought Mahatma Gandhi's five personal objects, including the iconic round eyeglasses, for 1.8 million dollars in a New York auction.

I am really proud on this tycoon for this cause, I thing this is done second because a few years ago he also take a historical sward from abroad.

0 comments:

CRICKET QUIZ | PUZZLES